Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Favorite Time of Year


It's ba-a-a-a-ack!  YESSSSS!  Samhain (Halloween) is BACK!  This is my most favorite time of year!  It has been ever since I was a wee boy.  I can't remember a time of ever being afraid of anything having to do with Samhain.  I absolutely love it all: the carving of the pumpkins, the candles, the witches and ceremonies, the spirits in the wind, the autumn leaves rustling, getting door to door candy, then handing the candy out when I got older, and, especially, the COSTUMES!!!!!  Oh My Goddess!  The COSTUMES!
This might be my most favorite part of it all.  You see, I love masks.  For me masks are the epitome of power.  They are created to represent certain energies and spirits and so forth.  So whenever I put one on, my energy completely shifts.  I become the embodiment of the spirit of the mask.
Then there is the attire that goes with the mask.  After all, if one is going to wear a mask one had better dress for the occasion! 
Perhaps this all just appeals to my inner drama queen?  I don't know.  But it is more than just that.  It appeals to my inner mystic.  That part of me that sees things beyond what most people even notice, let alone what they care to notice, is very strong.  My perceptions are acute and accurate.  And when this time of year comes around the veils between this realm and the other realms are the thinnest that they are all year round.  So I love seeing more spirit things walking the roads and the streets.  I find it fun to connect with the communication of all kinds of essences. 
I guess that when one has no fear then there is nothing that will harm.  Have you ever seen the movie Paranorman?  Well, if you have not, then do.  If you have, then WELCOME TO MY CHILDHOOD!
OK, I am now going to get started on my Samhain preparations.  After all, I only have a month! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gail said...

I look forward to attending your upcoming Samhain celebrations!